Hockey, Canadian Museum of History, March-October 2017, Point-a-Callière Museum, November 2017-March 2018 , Manitoba Museum, July 2018-January 2019
How do we know hockey is Canada’s game? Because it is part of our history. Each section of this exhibition highlights hockey’s role in Canadian culture and society.
Hockey, Canadian Museum of History travelling exhibition, dates here.
A smaller version of the Hockey exhibition will travel to venues across Canada.
- Barbara Ann Scott: More than Just Canada’s Sweetheart. Blog of the Canadian Museum of History. February 2018.
- The Team of the Century. Blog of the Canadian Museum of History. September 2017.
- “He Would Like to Settle the Matter”: Behind the Scenes of the Blainey v. OHA Decision. Published on Findings, the blog of the Champlain Society. August 2017.
- Fan Rituals: A Part of Hockey History. Blog of the Canadian Museum of History. May 2017.
- A Controversial Jersey. Blog of the Canadian Museum of History. February 2017.
Active History series about Terry Fox, March/April 2015:
- Terry Fox Was an Activist
- Terry Fox: A Unifying Influence on Our Nation?
- Terry Fox was a Rock Star
- Terry Fox Mania
- “Working in Public History” Frost Centre for Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies, Trent University. 2 October 2017.
- “Curious About Curating?” Editors Ottawa, 20 September 2017.
- “Five Things You Don’t Know About Terry Fox.” Toronto Public Library History Matters Series, 27 May 2015.
- “‘I Feel…I Owe This Great Man:’ Canadian Responses to Terry Fox and the Marathon of Hope, 1980-1981.” Mount Allison University Centre for Canadian Studies, 24 September 2014.
- “Experiential Perspectives on ‘Obesity:’ Understanding Fat Activism.” Canadian Obesity Student Meeting (Canadian Obesity Network), University of Waterloo, 18 June 2014. Video available here.
- “Obesity in Canada: Historical Perspectives.” University of Prince Edward Island, Department of History, 26 November 2012.
- “Fat Activism,” as part of “The F-Word: Historical and Critical Perspectives on Obesity in Canada.” Mount Allison University, 7 March 2012.
PUBLICATIONS and CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION
“Controversies in Context: Communication, Hot Topics and Museums in Canada.” In Hot Topics, Public Culture, Museums, edited by Fiona Cameron and Lynda Kelly, 176-93. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010.
“Contested Sites: The Roles of Museums in Contemporary Society.” American Museums Association Annual Conference, New Orleans (May 2004). Panel presentation with Lynda Kelly, Linda Ferguson and Fiona Cameron.
“Stakes and Ladders: Which Professional Development Program is Right for You?” Muse 27, no. 6 (Nov-Dec 2004): 20-22.
“Front Page Challenge.” Muse 21, no. 5 (Sept.-Oct. 2003), 36–43.
“Re-visioning the Media, Museums and Controversy: A Preliminary Case Study.” Open Museum Journal 6 (September 2003): 1-27.